Sanctuary Point, Nsw, 2540 Area Guide
Sanctuary Point is a suburb located in the Shoalhaven region of New South Wales, Australia. It is situated on the shores of St Georges Basin, a large saltwater lake, and is approximately 160 kilometers south of Sydney. With its beautiful natural surroundings and proximity to the coast, Sanctuary Point is a popular destination for both residents and tourists.
Transport & Access:
Sanctuary Point is easily accessible by road, with the Princes Highway running nearby. The nearest major city is Nowra, which is about a 15-minute drive away. Public transportation options include buses that connect Sanctuary Point to Nowra and other nearby towns.
There are several schools in and around Sanctuary Point, providing educational opportunities for residents. Some of the notable schools in the area include Sanctuary Point Public School, St. George's Basin Public School, and Vincentia High School.
Things to Do:
1. Water Activities: Being located on the shores of St Georges Basin, Sanctuary Point offers a range of water activities such as fishing, boating, kayaking, and swimming. The calm and clear waters of the basin make it an ideal spot for water enthusiasts.
2. Booderee National Park: Just a short drive away from Sanctuary Point, Booderee National Park is a must-visit destination. It offers stunning beaches, bushwalking trails, and opportunities for birdwatching and wildlife spotting.
3. Jervis Bay Marine Park: Located nearby, Jervis Bay Marine Park is a haven for marine life and offers excellent diving and snorkeling opportunities. Visitors can explore the vibrant underwater world and discover beautiful coral reefs and diverse marine species.
4. Hyams Beach: Known for having some of the whitest sand in the world, Hyams Beach is a popular spot for beach lovers. It is located within close proximity to Sanctuary Point and offers crystal-clear waters and picturesque surroundings.
1. Vincentia: Situated just a few kilometers away, Vincentia is a neighboring suburb that offers beautiful beaches, shopping centers, and a range of amenities. It is a popular residential area and a great place to explore.
2. Huskisson: Located on the shores of Jervis Bay, Huskisson is a vibrant coastal town known for its cafes, restaurants, and boutique shops. It is a popular tourist destination and offers a range of water-based activities.
3. Nowra: As the largest town in the Shoalhaven region, Nowra is a major commercial and cultural hub. It offers a wide range of amenities, including shopping centers, restaurants, and entertainment options.
Overall, Sanctuary Point is a picturesque suburb with a range of recreational activities, beautiful natural surroundings, and easy access to nearby attractions. Whether you enjoy water activities, exploring national parks, or simply relaxing on pristine beaches, Sanctuary Point has something to offer for everyone.