Bomaderry, Nsw, 2541 Area Guide
Bomaderry is a suburb located in the Shoalhaven region of New South Wales, Australia. It is situated on the northern bank of the Shoalhaven River, adjacent to the city of Nowra. With a population of approximately 6,000 people, Bomaderry offers a peaceful and family-friendly environment.
Transport & Access:
Bomaderry is well-connected in terms of transportation. The suburb is served by the Bomaderry Railway Station, which is part of the South Coast railway line. This provides convenient access to other major cities in New South Wales, including Sydney. The Princes Highway also runs through Bomaderry, offering easy road access to surrounding areas.
Bomaderry is home to several educational institutions, making it an ideal place for families with children. Some of the nearby schools include:
1. Bomaderry Public School
2. Bomaderry High School
3. Nowra Anglican College
4. Nowra Christian School
Things to Do:
Despite being a relatively small suburb, Bomaderry offers a range of recreational activities and attractions. Some popular things to do in and around Bomaderry include:
1. Shoalhaven River: Enjoy fishing, boating, or simply relaxing by the picturesque Shoalhaven River.
2. Bomaderry Creek Regional Park: Explore the beautiful bushland, go for a hike, or have a picnic in this nearby nature reserve.
3. Shoalhaven Entertainment Centre: Attend live performances, concerts, and cultural events at this modern entertainment venue in nearby Nowra.
4. Wineries: Visit the nearby wineries in the Shoalhaven region and indulge in wine tasting and vineyard tours.
Bomaderry is surrounded by several other suburbs and towns, each offering its own unique charm. Some of the nearby neighborhoods include:
1. Nowra: Located just across the river, Nowra is the largest city in the Shoalhaven region and offers a wide range of amenities, shopping centers, and entertainment options.
2. North Nowra: Situated to the north of Bomaderry, this suburb is known for its residential areas and natural beauty.
3. Berry: A charming town located to the south of Bomaderry, Berry is famous for its boutique shops, cafes, and historic buildings.
4. Kangaroo Valley: A short drive west of Bomaderry, Kangaroo Valley is a picturesque valley known for its scenic beauty, outdoor activities, and quaint village atmosphere.
Overall, Bomaderry is a peaceful and well-connected suburb that offers a range of amenities, educational institutions, and recreational activities. Its proximity to the Shoalhaven River and other nearby attractions make it an attractive place to live or visit.