This character-filled Queenslander is full of personality, beautifully refreshed and presented, ready to move straight in! Take advantage of this home being vacant for immediate possession and start enjoying the multiple areas across for entertaining family and friends, huge rear deck, sparkling pool and shed. And with the lifestyle conveniences on offer, a home like this in the popular and in demand West Mackay area won’t last long!
The family friendly home offers the cooling benefits of the elevated, classic Queenslander as well as providing a sense of privacy from the street below. Showcasing the period style, it features a façade with badge trims and gables set above the timber weatherboard. Decorative timberwork adds to the traditional elegance of the style and entrance stairs feature decorative and functional timberwork including timber screens.
Upon entry in the sunroom, you’re greeted by the light filled, breezy ambience and charm that Queenslanders are known for. Once inside the main living area your eyes are immediately drawn to the standout higher ceilings offered throughout and the natural light captured through the combination of original casement and aluminum sliding glass windows. The generous number of windows and doors capture the cross breezes ensuring comfort throughout the warmer months. The home has maintained its irresistible character and traditional charm and grace of its era without compromising on modern touches. It offers recently repainted interiors in a neutral palette with white trims, recently re-polished floorboards, updated lights and fans, refreshed kitchen, bathroom and more.
Boasting outstanding lifestyle opportunities in a highly desirable family friendly neighbourhood, this property is within walking or cycling distance from the Botanical Gardens, is convenient to beaches, parks and the gorgeous Blue Water Trail. It’s also a comfortable walk to Parkside Plaza and the local playground. Better be quick for this one!
Why we LOVE 28 Wardrop Street…
- Character features bring a touch of charm to the modern updates throughout. The stunning re-polished timber floors, fretwork, window overhangs, original casement windows, & classic double French doors dividing the bedrooms all combine to maintain the right touch of character
- The living spaces feel light & airy with their fresh, cool & neutral colour scheme & lots of gorgeous windows to allow those breezes to flow through! From the spacious sunroom at the entrance to the air-conditioned living space & the dining area, the rooms flow seamlessly out to the deck & offer outstanding cross ventilation for comfortable living
- Inviting contemporary kitchen, with its white, clean & classic style all brought to life by white, subway tiles that guarantees the heart of your family home will never go out of style. Complete with banks of white cabinetry, above and below bench storage, recently updated benchtops & a built-in pantry this kitchen is functional, stylish & well connected overlooking the deck & pool area
- On the massive rear deck, imagine the outdoor dinners, family games nights & weekends lounging the days away in this awesome outdoor zone. Flowing on from the dining area, the spacious covered timber deck is the perfect spot to catch the tropical breezes while overlooking activities in the yard & pool. Its abundant space means all your outdoor furniture will fit & then some. Adjacent to the stairs are timber screens which enclose the space while still allowing for sunlight to stream in & cool air to flow through, plus all undercover to keep you dry when it rains. Security screens to windows & door off the deck provide further peace of mind.
- The light-filled master bedroom is generous with large mirrored built-ins bound to provide more than enough storage space, gorgeous windows and a cooling ceiling fan. The second bedroom has built-ins too & the third adjoining room can be accessed via the stunning French doors from either bedroom, or closed off for separation with extra access available via the kitchen. This room offers air conditioning & the flexibility to use however you wish – guest accommodation, teen retreat, a nursery, fabulous home office space or a kid’s play area
- The huge, secured space downstairs is a blank canvas, equipped with a laundry & will suit multiple options for family living. It has been re-clad to provide ability to fully secure & is a well ventilated space which could serve a variety of purposes - an extra play area, rumpus/gams area, fitness zone or workshop for that classic car project you have been itching to do – the choice is yours. Owners have already re-stumped where needing replacement in recent months too
- Fantastic, dual street access provides extra onsite space & ease of access for all your vehicles, boats & trailers. An extra-long concrete driveway runs along the right side of the property & provides access to the 2-bay shed while there is a secured 3rd parking bay under the home
- Other features include a well-appointed bathroom, generous walk-in storage cupboard adjacent to the kitchen and bathroom, an additional entertainment area underneath the deck, flat yard spanning 813m2 & an inviting pool for summertime fun all year round!
Why we LOVE West Mackay...
- Comfortable walking distance to Parkside Plaza with Coles, cafes and specialty stores, plus the nearby playground
- Go for a run or bikeride to the Botanic Gardens from home, a great spot to enjoy some exercise amongst the established trees & gardens. Or why not catch up with friends or family for a weekend breakfast at the Botanic Gardens café!
- Minutes to work (so close you could ride a bike) – Spend less time getting to & from work, giving you more time doing the things you love with your family. Key employment hubs close to home include the Base Hospital, Paget Industrial Estate, Caneland Central, CBD and CQ University
- An amazing extended backyard is on offer when you choose West Mackay! Go for a run or a bike ride along the scenic Blue Water Trail or enjoy a picnic in the Botanic Gardens. Cast a line down on the river. Take the family to stunning Far Beach, popular as a walking beach with locals. When it comes to the natural environment you will be spoilt for choice here
- Next level convenience & great dining out options – The home is a few minutes’ drive to Caneland Central, sporting facilities, schools, & childcare & just minutes from the CBD, the Airport and a great selection of café, bar & dining options
Disclaimer: This property is being sold by auction or without a price and therefore a price guide cannot/ or may not be provided. The website may have filtered the property into a price bracket for website functionality purposes.
All information has been obtained from the seller. The agent/s cannot verify its accuracy and do not give any warranty as to errors or omissions, if any, in these particulars. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves by inspection and making their own inquiries or otherwise as to the accuracy of the particulars. Location shots and use of furniture (real or virtual) are for visual display purposes only and not included in sale. We are not financial advisors or deem to provide financial advice and urge all prospective purchasers to make their own inquiry into funding available.
Ads By Google